If you’re following me on twitter, which you really should do, you were probably expecting to see my Tips for Loving a Writer post today. If you’ve been following me just on my blog, which you should also do, you were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Part 3 of my Using Your Life Experiences to Supercharge Your Writing series about using your experiences on your WIPs.
If you haven’t noticed, this post is neither of those.
What’s going on?
My boyfriend moved down to Ohio this week, and I got to spend three days with him. It was a lot of fun, but it was extremely busy and I knew that I wasn’t going to have enough time to write a Part 3 of Using Your Life Experiences to the best of my ability. So, I went and looked at some of my post ideas, and thought that having my boyfriend help me with writing a post about his experiences as a non-writer and being in love with me would be a great way for us to bond before we started our long-distance thing.
After a nightmare of a bus ride home and crashing at my boyfriend’s mom house because I didn’t get there until 4 AM thursday instead of 11:40 PM wednesday, I still thought I would be find and spent a good chunk of Thursday working on my post. Even after a bunch of my hard work disappeared into the internet, I still felt really good. Boyfriend had orientation all day, but promised he would work on it Friday while I was busy at work.
Unfortunately, there have been some pretty upsetting developments in his life, and priorities got very rightfully shuffled. It’s not my place to say what happened, but I’m a bit shaken up as well. Still, I know that you guys were all looking forward to something awesome this week, and deserve and explanation about why that won’t be happening.
What’s the plan, then?
Next week is my last week before school, so expect to see a new Using Your Life Experiences post up either on or before the 29th. Tips for Loving a Writer might go up, but there’s a lot still up in the air right now, so Tips for Loving a Writer might have to be pushed back to September. I am also planning on posting a Wrap-Up for August within the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for that.
If you guys need something to do in the meantime, I have a bunch of fun suggetions:
- Catch up on Using Life Experiences to Supercharge Your Writing (Part 1, Part 2)
- Share your tips for loving a writer with me on Twitter using #howtoloveawriter and @SpunFromInk. If they rock, I might use them in the post and link back to your blog!
- Follow me on Twitter, Goodreads and Pinterest if you haven’t already. I’m currently in the process of reorganzing my entire pinterest, so any suggestions and tips would be majorly appreciated.
- Follow me on periscope at @SpunFromInk. I’m hoping to do my first broadcast sometime next week, but I’m already making a list of fun ideas for doing weekly broadcasts for on-the-spot book reviews, brainstorming sessions, and general Q&As.
- Binge read some of my favorite posts:
- And lastly, check out three of the amazing writing bloggers I’ve met on Twitter:
Thanks so much for being patient with me, guys! If you have any questions or other responses, feel free to comment below or e-mail me at SpunFromInk@gmail.com.
Lots of love,